Monday 18 May 2009

Everyday make a fine loaf of bread, and after work just before sunset you hang down to the city park; there you're alone with the burbs in the dark. And I've seen other people do that too, but they're older than your twenty-two; they lost hope and soon they'll be gone, they'll just vanish with the setting sun. But I know, yes I know, they're flying within you again, but I won't let them get you, 'cause you're my only friend. You're my only friend.

When I said I wanted to be your dog, I wasn't coming on to you, I just wanted to lick your face; lick those raindrops from the rainy days. You can take me for a walk in the park, I'll be chasing every single lark, I'll be burying all the skeleton bones, peeing on every cold black stone. But I know, yes I know, they're flying within you again, but I won't let them eat you 'cause you're my only friend. My friend; my only friend. You're my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment